Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Menu and shopping list Saturday 27th November - Friday 3rd December

This week's spend £149.97


I am a bit late with this week's posting as I was away enjoying the delights of the UK and doing a spot of Christmas shopping.  I left husband and children in charge of the menu and shopping list.  They have done pretty well, producing a menu and filling the cupboards with food, although not necessarily the food I need to cook with.  So far I have had to hit the shops twice to buy the ingredients needed for the menu.  Still it gave my brain a rest of trying to come up with a menu that suits everyone.

Also this week I have a "guest writer", my husband!  He has a passion for baking bread, particularly rye bread.  This is another Finnish influence as I think that Finland's best kept secret is their bread.  It is gorgeous and there are so many varieties.  My husband started to take an interest in baking bread when I was studying at University a couple of years ago.  I took sandwiches every day, but discovered that I was getting terrible stomach aches in the afternoon, so he offered to make bread for me.  Since then he has been constantly experimenting with recipes in search of the perfect loaf and we rarely buy any loaves of bread any more.

This week's menu:

Saturday: Aubergine Pasta

Sunday: Steak. Christmas biscuits

Monday: Sardine Fish Cakes with lemon dip. Chocolate biscuit cakes.

Tuesday: Legume Noodle Soup and Naan Bread.

Wednesday: Pesto and Chicken Pasta

Thursday: Oven-baked Red Pepper Rissotto

Friday: Leek, Mushroom and Goat's Cheese Strudels with Foccaccia

No comments:

Post a Comment