Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Menu and shopping list Saturday 13th November - Friday 19th November


This week's spend is €197.36.

I have finally caught up with myself and am posting my menu the week that I am actually cooking it and can update with pictures and information as I go.

Went shopping to Tesco on Saturday morning and guess what I had to beg again for a till to be opened for me.  The joys of shopping.  This week my husband tagged along and he picked up Tesco Finest All Butter Croissants, described by Raymond Blanc as "The best croissants I have tasted outside my own kitchens."  Really.....? They worked out cheaper than the Tesco loose ones, so we thought we would give them a go.  As soon as you picked one up it felt too heavy to be light and crisp as described by the manufacturer Bakehouse.co.uk.  They got a thumbs down in our house, the children commented that the normal Tesco loose ones were better.

Sunday was manic as we had 7 extra teenagers in the house to celebrate my middle daughter's birthday, a bit belated but no problem.  We made 8 home-made pizzas with one over -cooked garlic bread and some salad.  She requested the mocha cupcakes again so this time I made 30.

I used up my pork shoulder on Sunday and Monday, even though my middle daughter picked out all the meat from the lasagne I made from the leftovers on Monday.

Saturday: Out to dinner at friend's.  Mocha Cupcakes.  Banana Fudge Cookies

Sunday: Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder, Homemade Pizzas.

Monday: Pork Lasagne, Mustikkapirakka (blueberry tart)

Tuesday: Leek, Potato and Carrot Bake.

Wednesday: Black Bean Chilli and Guacamole.

Thursday: Pink Fish Cakes and Vegetables.

Friday: Roast Chicken and Vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment